Matter Unlimited is an award-winning bi-coastal creative agency focused on purpose-driven work. We are the catalyzing and creative force behind many global leaders, brands and organizations making strides to create a better world.
As a small, highly collaborative team, we pride ourselves on being nimble and smart in how we work. Our culture is unusual in the business: we value passion, innovation and sincerity over the meaningless grind. We look out for each other, and with big doses of guts and ambition, sell big ideas that matter to the world.
Our favorite proverb is: “If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far, go together.”
What We're Looking For:
- You are persistently curious and open-minded
- You are passionate about driving systemic change to make the world more just and equitable for all
- You have an inherent desire to find out how things work (and a drive to build things to be better)
- You are organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have an insatiable hunger for content and pride yourself on being ‘in the know’ when it comes to cutting-edge innovation
- You are a proactive listener and active doer
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are comfortable with video conferencing and a virtual work environment
About The Gig:
We are searching for a talented intern to join our team remotely for the Summer 2021. The ideal candidate is deeply passionate about the global social impact landscape and has a drive and desire to make creative work that matters and use storytelling as a vehicle for change. This person should be a self-starter, highly motivated, and continually curious. They will be working in a collaborative environment solving problems for purpose-led non-profits and brands who are striving to make positive change in the world.
As an intern at Matter Unlimited, you’ll hit the ground running. You’ll learn the ins and outs of advertising while addressing today’s most pressing issues including racial equity, maternal health, access to education, immigrant rights, climate justice, and more. You will support both Account Management and Strategy teams, and you’ll be paired with a manager who is highly invested in your growth and development.
This position is remote and there is the option to join the NYC team with working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm ET or the SF team with working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm PT.
This is a 3-month paid internship, starting in June 2021.
Application Deadline: May 10th
Specifically, You Will Be:
- Collaborating with and supporting the team throughout campaign development and production for a variety of clients
- Assisting with strategic research such as competitive landscapes and cultural temperature reports
- Assisting with internal and external community management including: sourcing, copy-writing, and post execution on social and digital channels
- Participating in internal brainstorm sessions and workshops
- Helping identify strategic insights and write creative task briefs
- Providing Account team administration support (e.g. status document updating, meeting scheduling, proofreading, meeting wrap-up reports, etc.)
- Helping prepare presentation materials for client meetings
- We highly value all aspects of diversity. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Undergrad or graduate student applications accepted.