Matter Unlimited is a strategy and creative agency, with offices in New York and San Francisco, dedicated to helping purpose-driven brands and organizations realize their potential in the world. We help brands define what they stand for and the strategies to get there. We then leverage brilliant digital and real world content to engage stakeholders from employees to partners to the general public.
Our mission is simple: to amplify the power of brands and organizations to simultaneously drive financial growth and positive change in the world.
What We’re Looking For
Matter Unlimited is seeking an Event Producer. You’ll be collaborating and working directly with the Executive Vice President / Head of Events, as well as the rest of the team within a small agency. That means lots of hands-on projects and ownership of assignments. All our clients and projects at Matter Unlimited are purpose-driven, which means you’ll not only work on bringing to life great ideas, but you’ll also be contributing to work that makes a positive impact in the world.
You are able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. You work well under pressure, and have the ability to calmly troubleshoot, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event. You are self-motivated, and can execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and facilitate the production our virtual, hybrid, and live events
- Create and implement a project plan and timeline of production for each event; source production partners, negotiate contracts, and coordinate external vendor logistics including but not limited to venues, catering, design, AV, rentals, decor, and video production
- Scope and manage virtual, hybrid and live event budgets
- Manage and execute event logistics including guest registration, talent management, venue/catering logistics, technical production, decor, stage production, and event communications and promotion
- Ensure our hybrid and and live events adhere to local healthy and safety protocols
- Collaborate with our creative teams to develop content (video, animation, static assets) for the event
- Oversee and delegate tasks between internal and external external vendors and team members in order to ensure project completion
- Assist the Executive Vice President / Head of Events in daily operations
Live and Virtual Event Production
- Provide expertise on the technical side of virtual events (whether on a lone platform or microsite with multiple platforms / vendors integrated through your knowledge on the best option given the client’s goals).
- Oversee and facilitate the production and technical support of our virtual events
- Make suggestions on pre-recorded or live (or mix) shows based on the client’s goals and budget.
- Conduct dry runs and rehearsals with remote or onsite speakers to acclimate them to the platform and ensure all equipment is tested and functioning properly
- Provide support for the facilitator throughout a virtual session either onsite or remotely depending on the support level for the event.
- Proficiency in running multiple break-out rooms from a tech support angle.
- Serve as the key client contact and owns short-term and long-term client relationships on multiple accounts.
- Collaborate with the client service, creative and production teams to deliver work on time and to budget, and exceed client expectations every step of the way.
- Collaborating with Strategic Planning to develop creative briefs
- Providing Account team administration support (e.g. status document updating, meeting scheduling, proofreading, meeting wrap-up reports, etc.)
- Actively helping to prepare and organize presentation materials for client meetings
- Manage expectations solidly, implement projects seamlessly and provide ongoing messages of reassurance. It will all help build strong, productive relationships.
- Ensure current programs/clients are maximized regarding opportunities; assist in the harvesting of new business opportunities through consistency of delivery, innovation, commitment and earned client trust.
- Be responsible for weekly/monthly project status reports
- Set up meetings, include the correct people, and provide accurate agendas and precise, actionable meeting notes
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in handling a range of integrated projects that include channels such as events, digital and social, film/video content, brand identity, strategy, and experiential campaigns
- Experience producing virtual and live events and managing external event vendors
- Experience in stage production, technical production, talent management, event strategy and design, and experiential/outdoor builds
- Knowledge of event, streaming, and video platforms and best practices including but not limited to Zoom, Hopin, Youtube, Twitch, Vimeo etc.
- Expertise in event fundraising methods, auction platforms, and fundraising platforms
- Expertise in language translation, interpretation, and accessibility standards
- Minimum of 3 years of event production/management related experience
- Minimum of 3 years of mid-level marketing, digital media, public relations or related experience
- General understanding of production etiquette and language
- Knowledge of: Google Workspace, Asana, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),