About the Role
We’re seeking an amazing design intern to join our team here at Matter. You’ll be collaborating and working directly with our Design Director, as well as the rest of the team within a small agency. That means lots of hands-on projects and ownership of assignments.
And we’re not just any agency. All our clients and projects at Matter Unlimited are purpose-driven, which means you’ll not only work on bringing to life great ideas, but you’ll also be contributing to work that makes a positive impact in the world. See examples of our past and present work on our site, ranging from The Obama Foundation to our films for Merck for Mothers to help curb the global maternal mortality crisis: www.matterunlimited.com
This is a paid internship
You are a creatively driven person, obsessed with design craft and have a strong desire to help improve how brands and companies contribute to the world. You are detail-oriented, self-motivated, and can execute tasks in a fast-paced environment. You have a strong portfolio of work that shows insightful, integrated-media ideas and well-executed design thinking. And you care about giving brands a purpose and helping them reevaluate how they’re contributing to society.
Your responsibilities would include
- Help bring to life ideas and concepts with the creative team
- Help express strategic thinking in a visually immersive way
- Build client presentation materials
- Design kick-ass social media graphics for our owned channels
- Make necessary updates to a variety of digital platforms for clients and agency alike
- Work with lead graphic designer to design and produce one original project
- Assist with other graphic design duties as needed
You Should Be
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Keynote, Google Slides and PPT
- Comfortable presenting your own work
- Good at communicating and comfortable doing some writing
- Fluency in other creative fields outside of design if possible (film, photography, illustration, animation, architecture, music, web, audio, experiential, etc.)
- Able to show a deep understanding of design principles and best practices
- A typography enthusiast
We highly value all aspects of diversity. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Undergrad or graduate student applications accepted.