Our mission is simple: to amplify the power of brands and organizations to simultaneously drive financial growth and positive change in the world.
What We’re Looking For
Matter Unlimited is seeking an Intern in our Events Department. You’ll be collaborating and working directly with the Executive Vice President / Head of Events and Senior Producer, as well as the rest of the team within our agency. All our clients and projects at Matter Unlimited are purpose-driven, which means you’ll not only work on bringing to life great ideas, but you’ll also be contributing to work that makes a positive impact in the world.
This role is project specific depending on the clients that we have during the given time. You will be responsible for attending client meetings, production meetings and will hold specific responsibilities at all events.
What you’ll do:
- Help facilitate the production our virtual, hybrid, and live events
- Help create and implement a project plan and timeline of production for each event;
source production partners, negotiate contracts, and coordinate external vendor logistics
including but not limited to venues, catering, design, AV, rentals, decor, and video
- Help with virtual, hybrid and live event budgets
- Help manage and execute event logistics including guest registration, talent management,
venue/catering logistics, technical production, decor, stage production, and event
communications and promotion
- Ensure our hybrid and and live events adhere to local healthy and safety protocols
- Oversee and delegate tasks between internal and external vendors and team members in
order to ensure project completion
- Assist the Executive Vice President / Head of Events in daily operations
Live and Virtual Event Production
- Help facilitate the production and technical support of our virtual events
- Make suggestions on pre-recorded or live (or mix) shows based on the client’s goals and budget.
- Be available for dry runs and rehearsals with remote or onsite speakers to acclimate them to the platform and ensure all equipment is tested and functioning properly
- Collaborate with the client service, creative and production teams to deliver work on time and to budget, and exceed client expectations every step of the way.
- Providing Account team administration support (e.g. status document updating, meeting scheduling, proofreading, meeting wrap-up reports, etc.)
- Actively helping to prepare and organize presentation materials for client meetings
- Be responsible for weekly/monthly project status reports
- Set up meetings, include the correct people, and provide accurate agendas and precise, actionable meeting notes
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge in handling a range of integrated projects that include channels such as events, digital and social, film/video content, brand identity, strategy, and experiential campaigns
- Desire to produce virtual and live events and managing external event vendors
- Studying or experience in event production/management related experience
- Experience in mid-level marketing, digital media, public relations or related experience
- General understanding of production etiquette and language
- Knowledge of: Google Workspace, Asana, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
You are able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. You work well under pressure, and have the ability to calmly troubleshoot, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event. You are self-motivated, and can execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
More About This Role
This is a virtual paid full-time position with a minimum of a three-month commitment. We are looking for someone who loves events, bringing people together, and wants to make a difference in the world. This is an ideal position for someone who is looking to build a career in events focused on social impact.
Please send cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com with “Events Internship” in the subject line.