As a great Account Director, you thrive leading client accounts. Equally, you demonstrate tremendous potential as a leader within the agency. You provide patient mentorship to junior staff to help them grow and are a positively motivating force for your team. You are self aware and value honest and transparent communication – speaking truthfully and regularly with upper management about your work. You are able to balance big picture thinking and also focusing on the details that are needed to move projects forward. You challenge your clients and team to think bigger to produce the most effective and compelling work. You are solutions-oriented. You understand your clients’ business goals and are consistently evaluating the work to ensure that it is directly having an impact on them. You are also able to negotiate the balance between client “service” and client “counsel.” You can push back and challenge a client if the direction being given won’t result in the ROI they are looking for. You are an effective and respectful delegator. You are clear about deadlines, roles, responsibilities and expectations.
As our West Coast account lead, you enjoy staying on top of the latest regional news, trends and partnerships driving the social impact sector forward. You are passionate, curious and tuned into the issue areas of racial justice, education equity, health equity and climate, particularly as it relates to innovation.
- You are a seasoned Account Director with over 6+ years of experience and you’re ready to apply your skills – finally – to work that matters (pun intended)
- You have worked on many digital/integrated creative projects, products and campaigns
- You are comfortable leading and participating in strategy creation and confident in workshop facilitation with clients
- You have excellent writing skills and have led proposal creation and pitching for new opportunities
- You have managed and delivered complicated integrated efforts for global brands and nurtured relationships with senior stakeholders
- You have cultivated great relationships in the industry with talented ‘makers’ (Designers, film-makers, technologists)
- You have managed a team and helped nurture and grow talent
- Ideally you have worked across different sectors and have brand and non-profit/ foundation experience
- You want to take a leap into a new model for the industry – one that wants to support the businesses and organizations of the future and leave a positive mark on the planet
About The Gig:
You will be responsible for delivering breakthrough purpose-driven communications products and campaigns across our West Coast based brand and non-profit clients. You will be managing the day to day client relationships from strategy through to creative execution and ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest standards.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Leading clients through complex projects from scope creation through to creative delivery
- Managing feedback and stakeholder impact
- Nurturing client relationships to create new business opportunities
- Pitching new organizations and brands
- Managing an internal and extended freelance team of strategists, creatives, producers and experts throughout a project (nurturing their talent and ideating with them to deepen our impact)
- Actively managing client budgets and ensuring that project scope changes are accurately captured and translated into our finance system
Matter Unlimited is an award-winning bi-coastal creative agency focused on purpose-driven work. We are the catalyzing and creative force behind many global leaders, brands and organizations making strides to create a better world.
As a small, highly collaborative team, we pride ourselves on being nimble and smart in how we work. Our culture is unusual in the business: we value passion, innovation and sincerity over the meaningless grind. We look out for each other, and with big doses of guts and ambition, sell big ideas that matter to the world. Our favorite proverb is: “If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far, go together.”
Our mission is simple: to amplify the power of brands and organizations to simultaneously drive financial growth and positive change in the world.