Matter Unlimited is a creative and strategic brand consultancy exclusively focused on purpose-driven business transformation. We believe in a new definition of business success and that the brands of tomorrow will share the values of conscious consumers and create mutual prosperity.
Our mission is simple: to amplify the power of brands and organizations to simultaneously drive financial growth and positive change in the world.
We are a highly collaborative team distributed across a network of experts instead of offices. We value business impact rewards over industry awards and our favorite proverb is: “If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far go together.”
This role would be remote.
About the Gig
Director, PR & Communications
We are seeking a Public Relations and Communications Director, to lead communications engagements across our client portfolio and drive new business development for our comms offering. In this role you will craft impact-oriented communications and partnership strategies for Private sector ESG efforts and Nonprofits and foundations. You will also build and lead our internal PR and Communications function to expand our offering for clients and drive quality results.
You should be an enthusiastic, strategic, and tactical communications professional with passion, experience, and relationships within the social impact and purpose-led arena. You thrive building your network and hunting for new leads and opportunities and can effectively pitch yours and the agency’s expertise.
Success in this Role
- At least 8 years of PR/media relations experience
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of direct reports
- Experience and relationships within the social impact, NGO and/or sustainability communities
- Experience managing influencer outreach strategy and thought leadership activations
- Communicate effectively and professionally, exhibit strong organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and exhibit consistent work quality and professionalism amidst pressure and challenge
- Experience managing communications programs in support of major global and national sponsorship and partnership platforms
- Expert skills in communications, media relations, writing, message development and reputation management.
- A deep understanding and familiarity with leveraging a mix of digital distribution platforms
- Develop and execute PR and corporate communications strategies for client’s impact products, programs and ESG platforms
- Utilize and develop media relationships to secure earned media coverage for clients and Matter Unlimited
- Draft press releases, media alerts, FAQs, messaging docs, pitches, talking points, agendas, presentations, and other communications tools for clients
- Identify new business opportunities, manage inbound PR-related opportunities and pitches, and expand our portfolio through new clients as well as growing current client business
- Oversee Matter Unlimited’s own PR strategy and outreach
- Create pitch decks by synthesizing ideas, curating impactful imagery, and crafting succinct copy collaborating with strategy and creative teams
- Create and maintain targeted media lists
- Develop strong relationships with reporters/editors and participate in pitches
- Remain engaged and attuned to partnership opportunities, educating clients on events, noteworthy trends, and marketplace insight
- Manage third parties including external vendors
- Oversee and nurture a team by supporting an engaging environment of growth and learning