Matter Unlimited is an award-winning bi-coastal creative agency focused on purpose-driven work. We are the catalyzing and creative force behind many global leaders, brands and organizations making strides to create a better world.
As a small, highly collaborative team, we pride ourselves on being nimble and smart in how we work. Our culture is unusual in the business: we value passion, innovation and sincerity over the meaningless grind. We look out for each other, and with big doses of guts and ambition, sell big ideas that matter to the world. Our favorite proverb is: “If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far, go together.”
This role would be remote.
Reporting directly to the Executive Leadership team, this role provides support to the CEO and Managing Partners, helping run their schedules, manage their internal and external communications and cover administrative tasks that drive organization and efficiency across the company.
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; assisting in managing company accounting and finance processes, composing and preparing sensitive correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Planning, coordinating and ensuring Executive Team’s schedule is followed and respected, working closely and effectively with leadership on upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between executive leadership and internal departments.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Following up on contacts made and helping keep track to cultivate new relationships
- Edits and completes draft communications for some external and internal stakeholders
- Proof-reading staff wide presentations and communications
- Helping plan and book annual retreats, coastal meet-ups and a range of staff activities throughout the year
- Helping with localized errands for company leadership in the home city, including postal and shipping, production rentals, special event preparations, etc.
To be successful in the role you would need to have:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- A passion to be part of a fast growing, mission driven company that is looking to drive positive impact across a range of issues and industries.
Matter Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.