is a creative and strategic brand consultancy exclusively focused on purpose-driven business transformation. We believe in a new definition of business success and that the brands of tomorrow will share the values of conscious consumers and create mutual prosperity.
Our mission is simple: to amplify the power of brands and organizations to simultaneously drive financial growth and positive change in the world.
We are a highly collaborative team distributed across a network of experts instead of offices. We value business impact rewards over industry awards and our favorite proverb is: “If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far go together.”
This role would be remote.
About the Gig
We are seeking a Communications Manager to support strategic communications initiatives across our client portfolio. In this role you will co-create and execute impact-oriented communications and public relations strategies for ESG efforts underway with our private sector and nonprofit clients. You will also support our internal PR and Communications function to expand our offering for clients and drive quality results.
You should be an enthusiastic, strategic, and tactical communications professional with passion, experience, and an expert understanding of omni-channel communications tactics.
Success in this Role
- 5 – 7 years of public relations or communications agency experience
- Experience successfully managing an earned media campaign, from press release to placement
- Experience with writing and/or publishing executive-level communications
- Knowledge of and/or relationships within the social impact, NGO, government, nonprofit, and/or sustainability communities
- Communicate effectively and professionally, exhibit strong organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and exhibit consistent work quality and professionalism amidst pressure and challenge
- Experience managing communications programs in support of major global and national sponsorship and partnership platforms
- Strong proficiency in paid media, social media, owned media, earned media, and reputational excellence
- A deep understanding and familiarity with leveraging a mix of digital distribution platforms
- Work with the Director of PR and Communications to co-create and execute PR and corporate communications strategies and tactics for clients’ impact products, programs, and ESG platforms
- Draft, edit, and/or distribute external and internal communications materials, such as press releases, executive social media posts, pitches, talking points, blog posts, op-eds/columns, agendas and other communications tools, for clients
- Utilize and develop media relationships to secure earned and paid media coverage for clients
- Utilize MuckRack to create and maintain targeted media lists, measure and report on tactical impact, and conduct media analysis and research
- Support Matter Unlimited’s own PR and communications strategy, including writing and distributing monthly and weekly newsletters, managing awards submissions, and social media community management
- Remain engaged and attuned to current events, noteworthy trends, and marketplace insight
Matter Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please send cover letters and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Manager” in the subject line.