About Matter Unlimited
Matter Unlimited is a strategic and creative consultancy built for the purpose-led economy. We are situated at the intersection of culture, capital and cause. From ESG Strategy and narrative development, to issue driven campaigns, we leverage our unique perspective to create impactful solutions to service our clients’ needs.
About the Role
We’re seeking an amazing design intern to join our creative team here at Matter Unlimited. You’ll be collaborating and working directly with our Design Director, as well as the rest of the team within a small agency. That means lots of hands-on project experience and ownership of assignments.
We’re not just any agency. Matter Unlimited clients and projects are purpose-driven, which means you’ll help bring to life great ideas that make a positive impact in the world. This client experience is ideal for someone who is passionate about topics like Racial & Social Justice, Sustainability, Education, and Health Equity.
See examples of Matter’s work on our site, ranging from the launch of Capital B to our films about Merck for Mothers’s work to curb the global maternal mortality crisis: www.matterunlimited.com
About The Benefits
This is a paid internship
3 month duration during Spring Semester 2023
Full-time interns are paid $2,500 per month. Hourly rates negotiable if only available part-time.
Work from home location of employee’s choice
What You’ll Do
- Execute on campaign deliverables
- Collaborate on concepts with the creative team
- Help express strategic thinking in client presentation materials
- Design kick-ass social media graphics for Matter Unlimited’s owned channels
- Work with lead graphic designer to design and produce one original project from Kickoff to Delivery
- Support ad hoc graphic design requests as needed
You are a creative-driven person, obsessed with design craft with a strong desire to help improve how brands and companies contribute to the world.
You are detail-oriented, self-motivated, and can execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
You have a strong portfolio of work that shows insightful, integrated media ideas and well-executed design thinking. You care about giving brands a purpose and helping them reevaluate how they’re contributing to society.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Google Slides, PPT, and Keynote
- Comfortable presenting your own work
- Written communication skills
- Deep understanding of design principles and best practices
- (Preferred) A typography enthusiast
- (Preferred) Fluent in creative fields outside of graphic design, such as video & photography, illustration, animation, architecture, music, web, audio, experiential, etc.
- Current student or recent graduate with a focus on graphic design
We highly value all aspects of diversity. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Undergrad or graduate student applications accepted.